Dear April Brown,
You are an intelligent, professional business woman. Yet, you spend hours upon hours posting hundreds of untruths about "Linda Ellis" and have even written a book based upon facts that you know in your heart are completely distorted out of proportion.
I suppose I should praise your business savvy here for taking advantage of a situation to write and sell a book full of slander and defamation. Bravo.
While I have been busy being a caretaker for two disabled people, one being my 82-year old mother, you have diluted the Internet with slander and defamation about Linda Ellis. I'm still not sure if your actions are due to a personal obsessive vendetta you have against me, or to sell your book full of fabrications. Either way, I simply haven't had as much idle time as you, apparently.
The facts, as you KNOW them to be true, are:
- Yes, I send out letters to those who have used my copyrighted, trademarked intellectual property on their business or organization's web sites, in their publications, etc. Because licensing and royalties are what creators of intellectual property depend upon to pay their bills. When someone distributes a legal product without permission or payment, it is neither lawful, nor ethical, and there are indeed repercussions.
- I've never hidden anything about my copyright enforcement policy. It's all here: Linda Ellis Explains Her Copyright
- I have spent more than 20 years and thousands of dollars to build The Dash by Linda Ellis brand. Each unauthorized post of my work, as you know, only perpetuates the illegal distribution of my property and my brand. I have worked for years so that I may pass down this special work, and that it will not become public domain.
- No, I do not target bereaved individuals, non-profits or 9-11 victims. or any of the other groups for copyright infringement, which you've stated many times. This is pure defamation. The sad part is, you know it. You have stretched the truth beyond measure. In fact, I could share many stories of the opposite. I've flown on my own dime to speak at 9-11 events, funerals and other fundraisers and donated thousands of dollars. You don't know me. You never have.
- The amount of requested licensing you quote in your continuous slander is not the amount copyright infringers and my company eventually amicably agree upon, nor is it the amount requested of all copyright infringers of my intellectual property. Each case is different and the extent of the damage is different as well. Yet, you continue to stretch the truth and perpetuate your slander to fit your obsessive campaign against me, Linda Ellis, author of The Dash.
I realized after you posted the hearse song directed at me with the words: LINDA WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU! with the lyrics stating that I would be the next to die, that I should probably be more wary of your mental state. That is my opinion based on the facts as I know them. When your neighbor wrote me and told me how she feared you and tried to get a protection order to protect her family against your behavior, you turned that around as well and told people I contacted her. Everything is turned around by you to fit your narrative. I've also seen the vulgar things you post on the worldwide web, with pride. It made me realize we are indeed completely different souls.
Regardless, I, Linda Ellis, wish you no harm. However, I do wish we could agree to disagree. And I wish you would just tell the truth, and only the truth. You don't agree that I am legally allowed to request monetary compensation for my copyrighted works being published and distributed unauthorized. There are MANY things I don't agree with about how you run your auctioneer business, or your life. Yet, I do not wish to harm you, as you apparently, wish to harm me.
You will copy this, as per your obsessive behavior, within minutes and twist the facts on all the websites you've created against me. (Fifteen seconds is your record.)
You say you're an activist now. An activist who stands against a copyright owner who is legally permitted to be paid for her work when it is distributed unauthorized and unlawfully by organizations and businesses. Aren't there more important things to fight for in this screwed up world -- hunger, homelessness, child abuse, to name a few? So many organizations a true "activist" could be spending her time helping.
So April Brown, we will spend our fifties arguing on the Internet. You continuing to post distorted truths...me sharing the truth against the lies. What a waste of time. Wish we could just share a lunch and resolve our differences like professional adults. But too much water has passed under the bridge, I suppose. It saddens me to realize that posted insults and infantile memes are how differences are aired and debated in the Cyberworld by people like you and your "team" of harassers.
Life is too short for all of this. I actually do wish you well, and I respect your passion. I just wish it were directed toward something positive.